[cvsnt] Re: ACLs and owner in fileattr.xml files

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed May 11 01:53:23 BST 2005

Arbesto Pelta wrote:
> "Jari Ahonen" <jah at progress.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.239.1115641003.20198.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> Hi,
>
> In CVSNT 2.0.58d the fileattr.xml files in newly created
> directories only contained the owner who created the
> directory and all ACLs were inherited from parent directories.
>
> Now with 2.5.01.1927 the newly created fileattr.xml seems
> to contain a copy of all ACLs that were effective for the
> parent directory and also seems to have two <owner> entries,
> the owner of the new directory and the owner of the parent
> directory.

This was an enhancement request a while back.  There were compelling
reasons for it but I've forgotten what they were (I'll remember if I
look at the code probably).

There shouldn't be two owner entries though.

In 2.0.58d ACLs were not inherited... inheritence is a new feature for
2.5.01.  All 2.0.58d did was require read access to parent directories.