[cvsnt] Re: bad address error...

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Fri May 13 18:10:01 BST 2005

Didn't send this to the list

Here is the last few lines of the checkout with -t -t -t set:

  -> call_in_directory
/PRODDEV/2x/MapObjects/Components/uaPrinting/ReportTempla
tes/ReportDocuments/SPECIAL CUSTOM STAKING
SHEET.doc,2x/MapObjects/Components/ua
Printing/ReportTemplates/ReportDocuments/
2x/MapObjects/Components/uaPrinting/ReportTemplates/ReportDocuments/SPECIAL
CU STOM STAKING SHEET.doc
  -> rename(_new_SPECIAL CUSTOM STAKING SHEET.doc,SPECIAL CUSTOM STAKING
SHEET.d
oc)
  -> wnt_rename(_new_SPECIAL CUSTOM STAKING SHEET.doc,SPECIAL CUSTOM STAKING
SHE
ET.doc)
  -> MoveFile returned error 00000020
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file _new_SPECIAL CUSTOM STAKING
SHEET.doc  to SPECIAL CUSTOM STAKING SHEET.doc: Bad address

Is there something else to try?  Again, this only happens if the disk is
really busy.  In my case, I often run a VM on my system and it happens.  I
can consistently cause this to fail by doing a defrag while checking out.

Thanks,

John Cole