[cvsnt] Build 1966 does not preserve sticky tag on update...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri May 13 20:06:54 BST 2005

Whilst checking the binary file issue I did the following:

- Added a file as binary and committed
- Cvs removed the file and committed
- Cvs added the file again and committed
- Updated the file to sticky tag rev 1.1

I updated the file with sticky tag 1.1 to retrieve the first revision
in order to check it against the original file. Same length and no
differences.
Then I made a simple cvs update in the sandbox in order to get other
files in working order.
SURPRISE!
The bug that was there in some intermediate builds prior to 2.5.01
release is there again!
The update (*without* specifying reset of sticky tags) *does* in fact
reset the sticky tag and retrieves the HEAD revision, which is
definitely *not* what we want...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)