[cvsnt] Re: Test script questions

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat May 14 03:12:36 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Glen Starrett wrote:
>
>> The odd line endings in the *info test output didn't match up to
>> info_test_output.txt, but almost matched the .w32 version of the file.
>> I altered testcvs.py and removed the " from info_test_output.32
>> (tricky with those line endings).
>

> Which line endings??  they're just standard text files.

When I check out info_test_output.w32 tagged CVSNT_2_5_01_1927, all the
line that are from the commitinfo script have an extra 0D at the end, so
I see (hex in place of CR and LF):

commitinfo - testcvs /repos/testcvs 0D 0D 0A
commitinfo - all /repos/testcvs 0D 0D 0A
Checking in diff_test.txt; 0D 0A
/repos/testcvs/diff_test.txt,v  <--  diff_test.txt 0D 0A
... etc ...

The info_test_output.txt file has normal line endings, so that would be
consistent with the way you had the script set up when I checked it out.
  It doesn't compare to the output of the commitinfo test though -- that
has line endings like I described in the .w32 file, without the
quotation marks.  I believe that implies that the output from the
commitinfo script has a flaw, but I don't know why you aren't seeing it.

>> -- Should the "" have been removed from info_test_output.w32, or is
>> that a bug?  I presume not a bug since you had altered the script to
>> look to the other file.
>

> Win32 generates the quotes (cmd.exe parses output differently to the
> unix shell, so the output differs slightly), so they're needed.

It doesn't appear in the *info output on my machine, and you had the
script pointing to the unquoted, normal line ending info_test_output.txt
before I altered it, so looks like you know that already.

>> -- Are the "funny" line endings the wrong result (and therefore
>> shouldn't be needed in info_test_output.w32)?  I would think it would
>> be since it's 0D 0D 0A, not just 0A like it would be if it was a
>> normal unix format.
>

> The testcvs is run as part of the release process even for test
> revisions, and I don't release until it passes.  You shouldn't need to
> change anything...  maybe a different python version?
>
> I'm using ActivePython 2.3.2 build 232 (Nov 13 2003).

I'm using the same version of python, including the date and build
(python -v confirmed it for me).

Also, it works flawlessly "as is" on my Linux box.

--
Glen Starrett