[cvsnt] Re: Build 1966 does not preserve sticky tag on update...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat May 14 13:10:14 BST 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005 21:06:54 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

Another observation with build 1966:
if I update one file to revision 1.1 like so:
cvs update -r 1.1 co.exe
then when I look at the sandbox in WinCvs it shows 1.1 in the tag
column for file co.exe.

But if I now do the same on another file:
cvs update -r 1.1 cvsagent.exe
then cvsagent.exe shows the 1.1 revision in the tag column, but the
revision marker on co.exe is gone...

Finally if I do a cvs update on co.exe:
cvs update co.exe
then co.exe disappears (since HEAD is a removed file) AND the tag
value 1.1 disappears from the cvsagent.exe column.

Looks like cvs manipulates Entries records also for other files than
the ones affected by the cvs operation...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)