[cvsnt] Re: Keyword Expansion Help

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon May 16 22:31:45 BST 2005

Trevor Leybourne wrote:

> Bo has answered my thoughts with regards to CommitInfo or LogInfo. I have
> worked out that I cannot do it there. So I am wondering if it is possible
> with the Triggers and DLL's???

There's currently no call that happens at the right time to change
something like that at checkout.

You would probably be better handling it on the client - have a program
that runs after update/checkout and modifies all the binaries with their
current version number, based on CVS/Entries.

> Is there any documentation on how these work? What data structures are
> supplied to the DLL at runtime or even better, is there an example C++
> project for using the Triggers functionality?

The best example is the info_trigger.cpp from the source code, that has
the default trigger in it.  There is also a skeleton example DLL in
contrib_nt/dll_example but I'm not 100% sure it is up to date, so might
need a bit of tweaking.  The header file for it (infolib.h) is shipped
with the standard install.