[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT and Subversion comparison

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue May 17 23:47:10 BST 2005

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
  > I think I can help here... Could you add me please? Then I start adding
> there what I had to find out...

Sure.  Just create an account (if you haven't already) and send me the
username and I can add it to the list.

>>People like the RSS feed, and the blog gives that for free.
>
> I figured that much, but I thought that it was easier to get this with the
> wiki.

The old RSS was a perl script scanning the raw wiki page..  It failed
quite often as it wasn't really RSS compliant..

> When you say "release notes", are you referring to what's in the blog?

The release notes that ship with the installer.  They're very similar to
what's in the blog, with the emphasis on issues that might cause upgrade
problems.

> Just out of curiosity: have you considered Sourceforge? They seem to
> provide a lot of infrastructure for these things.

Sourceforge get horribly overloaded sometimes.. there have been entire
days when it didn't work.  Since I'd host the cvs tree locally (of
course) and the mailing lists/newsgroups work fine as they are, it'd
only be for their upload space & since march-hare need to track
downloads I can't even use that....

I was offered a free copy of collabnet once.. at the time it didn't make
a lot of sense but probably would nowadays.  I'd probably have to pay
for it now though.