[cvsnt] add -r option not working

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Wed May 18 00:58:41 BST 2005

I was testing out this new feature with version "2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1969"
client an server are both Windows

It doesn't seem to work, at all.

Here is what tired.

I took an existing sandbox for a module that I know has a branch called
FIX1.

I updated the sandbox with the command.
cvs up -A -r HEAD

I executed the add command
cvs add -rFIX1 e.cpp

I get the following message.
cvs server: scheduling file `e.cpp' for addition on branch `HEAD'
cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently

I went ahead and commited the file and checked it in ViewCVS and it shows
that has 2 revsions and rev 1.1 is dead with a comment that the file was
initially added to the HEAD branch.

Next I tried to ommit the -rHEAD option to the origonal update command, this
time it didn't even try to add it to a branch.

Am I missing something here, or does this not even work, has anyone else
tested this?

Matt S.