[cvsnt] Sandbox on network share

Martin Flaska mflaska at microstep-hdo.sk
Wed May 18 13:49:17 BST 2005

Hi.

Check this page:

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips

<cite>
Essential: The repository and temporary directory must be on a LOCAL
(not networked) disk on the CVSNT server.

CVSNT will not work properly unless the repository files are located on
a disk on the local PC. Don't try to use a network drive or a mapped
disk (not even a mapped disk aimed at the local PC)! It will not work
and there are numerous reasons, here is one:

CVSNT runs as a service and thus acts as the SYSTEM user account. This
account has no permissions on the network and so cannot access the files
if they are on a remote server. In fact if the files are on the same PC
does not help either if they are accessed using the network via an UNC
path. The drive is still considered to be on the network where SYSTEM
cannot operate.

So don't even try to create such a configuration!
</cite>