[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt performance on windows

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Wed May 18 17:09:09 BST 2005

Hi, do you have any large repository files?
Possibly large binary repository files.

A while ago I noticed that for some operations CVS can be very slow with
large files because it loads the entire file into memory (or memory maps it,
I'm not sure which) and if you don't have enough memory on the system you
get a big performance hit.

Just a theory.

Matt S.

news:mailman.43.1116387032.32221.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...