[cvsnt] Problem with Commitinfo during imports

Ho How Hon how_hon at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 02:38:25 BST 2005

Hi,

I seem to be running into a problem getting commitinfo to work properly. I
have a small program called commitinfo.exe that just performs a printf and
return a value of 4. In my commitinfo file, I have added the following entry

ALL  d:\temp\cvs\commitinfo.exe

This setting works correctly when I am committing a file. However, when I
try to import in a module, I see my program running (the printf message
appears), but then the import succeeds (CVS returns an error code of 0). Why
is this so? Shouldn't the import be aborted since my program returns a non
zero value?

I am using CVSNT version 2.0.51d on Win2k server with WinCVS.

Actually, the root problem that I am trying to solve is to prevent users
from importing in modules when they create the vendor branch and tags in
WinCVS. Another condition is to check that they have the necessary header
information in the source files.  I thought that commitinfo would be the
appropriate place to implement these checks.

Would appreciate if anyone can help me overcome the commitinfo problem, or
my root problem.

Ho