[cvsnt] CVSNT gets more and more unstable (too much releases)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun May 22 23:08:26 BST 2005

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

> You're probably talking about the noise in a bug database with public
> report access. That's really sad, because one would think that open source
> would actually make this easier, with having many more reporters.

You have more reporters but even after filtering out the noise, many of
them never respond - I lost count of the number of bugs I had to close
because I couldn't replicate and the reporter never responded to
requests for more information.  Some (perhaps many) of these will have
been genuine issues.

It's perfectly understandable really.. the people reporting have real
jobs, and they're just motivated to report a bug because something
didn't work for them.. they're not professional testers or anything.

In a closed system like a company the reporter is normally either a
tester, who's job it is to give good bug reports, or someone who you can
walk over to and ask.  It's much easier that way.