[cvsnt] problem with loginfo and %s in CVSNT 2.5.01 Build 1927

emre erdogan emre.eerdogan at gmail.com
Tue May 24 11:31:05 BST 2005

Hi, I am new to this list and cvs as well so forgive me if this
message does not belong here.

I have recently upgraded to 2.5.01 1927 and trying to create a text
log that contains a line for each commit to a large repository
(filename, date and version are enough).

I have tried to use a loginfo script and written this line into the file
  ALL M:/logs/loginfo.bat %s %d

loginfo.bat is a very simple script that does this;
  echo %1 %2 >> M:/logs/commit.log

The problem is as follows: When I try to change and commit existing
FILES in the repository, everyting is ok. When I try to add new files
to EXISTING FOLDERS, it works again. But when I try to create a new
folder and add it to the repository,

The command i have used is as follows:
  cvs -d:sspi:localhost:/cvshome add -m this is a new folder AFOLDER

1.One cvs.exe task begins to use a lot of memory.
2.The command prompt just hangs up for minutes, sometimes it does not
return at all so I have to force stop it. cvs processes stay in task
manager so I have to start/stop the server again from cvs control
panel
3. When the command prompt returns from the add directory line above,
it says the following:
  cvs [add aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Strange thing is, when I do not use the %s parameter in loginfo
script, everything is ok, scripts work and I see a line in my log file
for the directory add as well. So the problem seems to be with the %s,
which I desperately need in my log for some further processing.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem is? Or is there any other
way to generate such a commit log in some other way that I do not
know.

Thanks in advance.
Emre.