[cvsnt] Migrating CVS repository directory

NELSON Jeff JNELSON at covansys.com
Tue May 24 15:35:35 BST 2005

Thanks, Done

-----Original Message-----
From: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org [mailto:cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org] On Behalf
Of NELSON Jeff
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 7:33 AM
To: Aaron Kynaston; cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook; zou.min at renesas.com
Subject: RE: [cvsnt] Migrating CVS repository directory

Yes, you can do this, however you will invalidate all sandboxes that are
on client PCs.  To get around this follow this procedure.

First you need to have all updated local sandboxes commit any
outstanding changes.

Then on the server you can move the directory to the new location and
then use the CVSNT control panel applet to update the directory mapping.

Then recreate each of the sandboxes using the new repository location.