[cvsnt] cvsnt installation problem on windows 2000 server

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Thu May 26 17:45:13 BST 2005

> From: Yunfeng Xu [mailto:yunfeng51 at yahoo.com]
> But I don't know how to choose the protocol  and how to setup
> cvs administrator accout and user account. So I assume that I
> can use windows users as cvs user. And try:
>
> set cvsroot=:pserver:administrator at mypc:/cvs/cvsrepo
> cvs login

Try instead :sspi:myserver:/cvs/cvsrepo and don't log in.  Replace
'myserver' with the name of your server.  If all your clients are
Windows boxes, SSPI is by far the simplest protocol.

Also, you may wish to use the CVSNT control panel applet to set up a
repository prefix rather than using /cvs/cvsroot.  This will make your
life *much* easier when you need to move the repository around on the
disk.

		- Peter