[cvsnt] Cannot access CVSNT repository at all

Sander van der Wal svdwal at mBrainSoftware.com
Fri May 27 11:02:00 BST 2005

I have the problem that I cannot access the CVSNT repository.

TortoiseCVS says when I add a file

<<<<
ln E:\: "e:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "add" "reltools.ini"
CVSROOT=

cvs.exe [add aborted]: cannot open CVS/Repository: Permission denied

Error, CVS operation failed

I have all permissions set for Everyone and SYSTEM on the E:\CVS folder
and all folders below. Also on the cvstemp folder,

This is on the server itself, so local access.

The host OS is Win2K, SP4. Just updated to the latest essential fixes.

the repository is at e:\CVS\Repository.

--
Sander van der Wal
www.mBrainSoftware.com