RE: Re : [cvsnt] Unknown expansion option ' æ'

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Tue May 31 10:54:39 BST 2005

> I lost days with this bug (many files in my case have a corrupted kopt).
> take a look on the 'CVS' folder in omz13/prj/wxWidgets : the corruption is
> visible in "entries" file, updated by the server (the guilty is not the
> 'add' operation).
>
> I think it happens when a file has reborn after a remove and add, for
> example. There is no rule to generate the bug: not all files, not only on
> specific extensions, ...
> (using TortoiseCVS and CVSNT build 1969 and 1973 on a 2000
> professional and
> a 2003 server)
>
> A workarround is to force your file in binary (kopt  b): the error
> reappears once in logs, but commit and other operations will work.

I did two import operations, with nothing else happening, to get this to
happen.

Very strange, isn't it?

BTW, looking directly into one of the affected files, kopt is clearly bogus:

1.1.1.2
date    2005.02.19.08.15.49;    author dsomers; state Exp;
branches;
next    ;
deltatype       text;
permissions     644;
commitid        12e9429b5f799ead;
kopt    <E6><B7>|<FA><E6><B7><C8>\^R ^Q;
filename        acinclude.m4;

Tony, do you have a dangling pointer and are writing out garbage for kopt?

Cheers,

David