[cvsnt] How to make read only branches for SSPI passwd authentication.

rajiv kumar cvsissue at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 08:23:18 GMT 2005

PS: sorry for such a long mail. Needed to describe my problem :-(

I have CVSNT 2.5.01.1976 build with SSPI authentication (using passwd file for providing access to CVS server). My question is:
     How can I make a branch read only?

I have script which retruns 1 from commitinfo, and using which I am able to make Main trunk read only; but could not be able to apply the same for branches.

Any hint/help will be highly appreciated.

Otherwise if anyone can tell me how can I grab the current executing command against the CVS server?

I thought to grab the command let's say..

CVS commit -kb -b  branchname  file.txt

and parse it with a script in commitinfo, and return 0 or 1 depending on checkins required for a branch. Using this way, I think I can achieve my goal.

Pls show me any avenue to achieve the read only branches goal.

Thanks in adv..
Rajiv Kr. Srivastava