[cvsnt] Assigning revision

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Nov 2 08:42:25 GMT 2005

You should NEVER EVER interfere with the file revision numbers!
These are really internal CVS data to keep track of the changes
of files. You have no sensible way of using these and so you should
not try to set them either.

That is also why CVSNT has removed support for changing them like
you tried to do in recent versions. The capability still exists in
GNU CVS by what I understand, but it is no less of a danger there.

Furthermore, revision numbers with zeros are *for special cvs use only*!!!
They are so called nagic revisions and are used by cvs to keep track of
things like branches etc. Never to be used by the cvs user....

/Bo