[cvsnt] RE: Installer problems (ALL BUILDS)

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Nov 2 20:53:49 GMT 2005

Sebastian/Ernst/Randy,

You have all reported problems with the installer - however we believe
this is fixed in the latest test release of 2.5.03:
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download

The installer definitely does work on XP SP2 and W2K3 SP1 as a clean
install and as an upgrade.

The few cases that have been reported of a lingering problem may point
to:
* a rare use case that we have been unable to identify
* conflicting software on your system

Please ensure:
* you do not have any innosetup version of CVSNT installed (these
conflict with the standard MSI distribution)
* have uninstalled all previous versions of CVSNT before installing the
latest 2.5.03
* if you are installing CVSNT server you need to use an account that has
administrator privelege

Please test using the latest (2.5.03) release and if the problem still
occurs please report as much information about the system, account you
used, directories, permissions etc.  Consider switching on audit of all
file access during the install.

Please send this information to the list including:
* all the info on your user/permissions/audit etc
* all Windows version info including service packs and patches
* MSI exec version (type msiexec at the "run" prompt)
* a directory listing of the directory where you installed cvsnt
* an extract of the registry settings for CVSNT (using regedit)
* install log file (eg: msiexec /lvx* c:\cvsnt_install_log.log /i
cvsnt-2.5.03.2134.msi)

This will assist us in producing an installer that works best for all
users.

Thanks,

Arthur Barrett