[cvsnt] Re: B2141: MS SQLServer and audit trigger error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Nov 4 22:46:25 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:56:20 -0500, "Joe Enfield"
<joeenfield at hotmail.com> wrote:

>on a test server with build 2141, I created a SQLServer database, and turned
>on auditing.
>
>after a commit:
>------------------------
>audit_trigger error (loginfo): [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT
>field incorrect or syntax error
>
>Success, CVS operation completed
>-------------------------
>
>Looks like other information is getting to the data base tables.
>SessionLog, and HistoryLog have quite a bit of info
>Commit log has one entry, after two commits against three files.

I have absolutely no problems with an MSSql database, full audit
switched on and using build 2141.
And, there is *no* column named 'count' in any of the auditing tables.
Did you create the tables using the mssql script shipped with the
installer?

In commitlog there should be one record for each file committed.
In sessionlog there is one record for each cvs session, this is linked
to the commitlog entries and carry the timestamp, user etc.

I have also tested auditing with the SQLite backend, it also works
very well. But since I am used to MSSql since years I switched back to
that. Absolutely no probs.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)