[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2141

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Nov 5 00:11:56 GMT 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:
> So, which protocol would that actually use? Is there a way to define a
> "preferred" protocol from the server side or something? I assume it
> would use the published default repository?

Anonymous currently always uses pserver, since it's passwordless &
insecure by definition anyway.. the client does ask the server though so
that could be changed in the future.

> Erm, ... and where exactly would that information be coming from? What
> exactly is a "global server"?

The only thing that lists them currently is WorkspaceViewer and
WorkspaceManager.  There should probably be a command line way to do it
but I haven't worked out a good place to put it (ls sounds like the best
place but that requires a server connection which kind of defeats the
point).

The data is just a modified version of DNS-SD (probably not RFC
compatible but it doesn't need to be).