[cvsnt] Sudden slowdown with 2.0.62.1817

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 18:42:37 GMT 2005

Hi,

I've suddenly run into a strange problem and was hoping someone could point
me in the right direction.  I've been running 2.0.62.1817 for a good 6-8
months without problems until recently.

Recently, I've noticed that any CVS action (ie: commits, edits, diffs, etc)
all take a long time to process.  Whereas these actions in the past would
take a second or two, I am now seeing delays of 10-15 seconds on a single
file commit!

I've checked the server itself, and it seems clean.  Have run spybot checks
just in case, but haven't found anything suspicious.  The machine in
question is a Window 2000 SP3 machine.  Also, the network connectivity
between my machine and the server is fine as well - pings are fast, and any
direct copying to shared folders on the server are quick.

I can't pinpoint exactly when this slowdown occured, however the only
changes I've made to the system in the recent past was the addition of extra
repositories.  I would not expect that to cause an issue, however, is it
possible that a malconfigured repository would be causing such a slowdown?

Is there any way to turn on some form of debug log or something of the sort
to help me trace where / why this machine has suddenly slowed so much?

Any insight that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Eric