[cvsnt] Re: how to get the branch information before committing

Xiaoyan Jin xiaoyan.jin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:45:27 GMT 2005

Hi,
 Thanks for your reply. It is very clear and now I know the CVS committing
mechanism.
Yes, I have found the folder <$TEMP>/cvs-serv<$CVSPID> as you said. And I
also found all the info that I needed.
 But only one thing: I think it is not possible to browse all the folders
under <$TEMP>/cvs-serv<$CVSPID> to get the information, especially when
there are many files under different folders committed. Browsing all folders
under <$TEMP>/cvs-serv<$CVSPID> will reduce the committing performance.
 So the best way is still using command line argument to get the parameters.
But whatever I used for commitinfo files, the retured parameter always '%s',
'%c'... For example, my commitinfo is below:
 AuthorityTest/New c:\Project2.exe %s %c
 parameter output:
 Param1:%s
Param2:%c
 Well, the command line arguments still doesn't work. I guess maybe it
concerns about CVSNT version (I use CVSNT2.0.11, And the the command line
arguments like %s %V works for CVSROOT\loginfo)?
Or do you have some special authority setting on CVSROOT\config file in
order to make the command line arguments work?
 Thank you very much for your help!
 Greetings,
Amy