[cvsnt] Re: how to get the branch information before

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 10 06:51:05 GMT 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:26:27 +0800, Xiaoyan Jin
<xiaoyan.jin at gmail.com> wrote:

>Xiaoyan Jin wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Thanks for your reply. It is very clear and now I know the CVS committing
>> mechanism.
>> Yes, I have found the folder <$TEMP>/cvs-serv<$CVSPID> as you said. And I
>> also found all the info that I needed.
>
>Don't assume the name or location will remain the same. Use the current
>directory when you're called instead.
>
>> Well, the command line arguments still doesn't work. I guess maybe it
>> concerns about CVSNT version (I use CVSNT2.0.11, And the the command line
>
>2.0.11 doesn't support extra arguments at all.
>
>Tony
>   Hi Tony,
>Then which version support extra arguments on commitinfo file? But if
>arguments does not work for CVSNT2.0.11, why the arguments like %{sVv} works
>for CVSNT2.0.1.1 CVSROOT\loginfo file?
>Greetings,
>Amy

There are *different* arguments for different script files. The same
argumenst do not apply to all files and never have.
In fact commitinfo in the original version did not support *any*
command line arguments at all!
Tony Hoyle has developed CVSNT further over the years starting from
the GNU CVS on Unix and a lot of improvements have been added. You
cannot expect to see this improvements while keeping an older version.

The version you are using is more than 2 years old and no support is
given for it anymore. No problem that cannot be repeated with 2.0.58
should even be supplied to the list, it just wastes everybodys time.

Please do yourself a favour and upgrade to the most recent version
first.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)