[cvsnt] Regarding installation on Citrix

Mallesh mallesh_efftrons at yahoo.co.in
Sat Nov 12 06:13:24 GMT 2005

Hello sir,

Thank you for giving quick and useful replay. Still we are in confusion to install CVSNT on CIRTIX meta fram running on top of Windows 2000. Why because some users of CVSNT are not recommended this type of setup because it is not good idea to run CVSNT server and client like (WINCVS etc..) on the same machine, it will cause some windows problems. But at the same time some of the users are telling, till now we are not faced any kind of problems. Which one is right in the above? If the first one is right then we will defiantly change our idea, and we will build normal Windows and client environment rather than CITRIX.

If second one is right, then is it right to connect client to server through "local" protocol (why I am asking is some users telling the "local" protocol is enough because server and client are working on the same machine). If not, can you suggest which type of protocol is better (normal LAN network) and how to build?

With regards,
Mallesh