[cvsnt] Problems running WinCVS on network drives ?

Michael da Costa Carneiro Mcarneir at Exintel.dk
Mon Nov 14 12:58:58 GMT 2005

Hi.
We just recently updated our WinCVS from version 1.2 -> version 2.0.2.4.
We are running WinXP.

However, we seem to have a problem when using WinCVS to access (diff, update etc.) files located on shared network drives.
For some reason WinCVS can not access these files properly.

When trying to do a diff on a file on a network drive, we get the following error messages:
cvs [diff aborted]: cannot open file pcix_pci_fifo_master_mrm.v for comparing: Permission denied

We have NO problems accessing these files using other Windows programs or using the old version of WinCVS (version 1.2)

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior and is there a work-around / fix for this problem ?

Regards

Michael da Costa Carneiro