[cvsnt] Regarding Protocol problem.

Mallesh mallesh_efftrons at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 17 14:10:21 GMT 2005

  Hello sir,

  I installed CVSNT 2.5.03.2147 in the CITRIX Metaframe running on the top of Windows 2003 box. And I disabled all the protocols except SSPI at the time of installation. And I prepared two groups CVS-Users those have only read Permission and CVS-Leaders those have write permission through NTFS file syste. I applied these two groups to the repository folder. And I gave full rights for "setting" folder for all the users.
  And I modified files in the "cvsroot" as follows:

   #SystemAuth=yes to SystemAuth=no in "config" file. (I also tried SystemAuth=yes)

   In the file "Passwd" I entered all the users names (each per line).

   In the file "writers" I entered users names those have write permission.

  Now I am training to connect client (WinCvs2_0_2-3) to server through SSPI protocol as:

  cvs -r -d ":sspi;hostname=citrix1:\Program Files\SVCS\EFF_PROJECTS\TEMP" checkout -P -d Test -- Test (in directory C:\Documents and Settings\mallesh\Desktop)

  Then it is giving the failure message as:

  cvs checkout: bad CVSROOT - Hostname required: :sspi;hostname=citrix1:\Program Files\SVCS\EFF_PROJECTS\TEMP
  cvs [checkout aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.

  ***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

  If I am connecting through "local" protocol it is working properly. Can any body tell me, Where I am doing wrong Or Is there any other settings I left?

With regards,
Mallesh