[cvsnt] Can cvsnt go faster?

Dan dan at silvercrk.com
Thu Nov 17 19:30:28 GMT 2005

Hi, I figured it out, I found the files that were being written to by
doing a find / -cmin 1   During an update. Turns out cvs writes a copy
of every file to /tmp/

So I made a tmpfs ramdrive for cvs with:
mount -t ramfs none /cvstmp

And an update went from 5 minutes to less then 30 seconds. I'm pretty
happy now, but does cvs really have to write a copy of every file being
updated to /tmp/ ?

Thanks!
Dan