[cvsnt] Re: bad CVSROOT - Hostname required:

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Nov 18 17:19:47 GMT 2005

Diego Sorensen wrote:

> Hello , I am new to Wincvs and after installing it. I get this error
> when I try to import a module.
> cvs import: bad CVSROOT - Hostname required: :ext:/nsi
> cvs [import aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.
> the only way that works is when I choose the local protocol.
>  Any one can help me ??

Recent CVSNT releases have limited the valid syntax options for CVSROOT
in a way that is incompatible with WinCvs' CVSROOT wizard. You will
have to prepend the username and hostname to the Repository Path field,
e.g.:

username at hostname:/nsi

The resulting CVSROOT should look something like this:

:ext:hostname:/nsi

(also take a look at http://livejournal.com/~ogiesen/tag/cvsnt#2910 for
an example screenshot)

Also, are you sure you want to use the :ext: protocol? If you need to
connect via SSH, :ssh: will probably be easier to handle.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org