[cvsnt] Error : Cannot change permissions on temporary directory

Gregory Vignal gvignal at es2i.com
Tue Nov 22 14:26:27 GMT 2005

Hi,

    I have installed the last build release cvsnt version 2.5.03.2152
on a windows 2000 server and i have problems to make cvs running
normally.
Only cvs login command work properly, all other cvs command give this
error : "cvs [server aborted]: cannot change permissions on temporary
directory D:\cvs_temp/cvs-serv4176: Permission denied".

I have set properly all permissions for all my cvs users ( including
SYSTEM / USER WITH RIGHT ). All user have full acces control to the CVS
TEMP repository.  Users can create file or directory in "D:\cvs_temp"
behind network.  I dont understand why this error message appair.

    The only way to make cvs work is to give administrator right for all
cvs users but this operation isn't possible on a server.
So I have test protocol "sspi" and this protocol work fine for all user
but this protocole isnt implemented for eclipse IDE.

What can i do for give right to user to change permission on cvs temp ?

Do you know how make "sspi" protocole  work with eclipse 3.1 ?

This is a bug or an administration problem ?

Thank you for your answer,
Greg