[cvsnt] Re: SSPI problems after upgrading to 2.5.03.2151

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Nov 22 20:00:39 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:44:52 +0100, Morten Jøhnk
<Morten.Joehnk at edlund.dk> wrote:

>>The upgrade went well for most of the users on our LAN, but
>many of our remote users are now rejected by the server with
>an authentication error. The setup for our remote users are
>that they establish an SSH tunnel (using either putty or an
>old SSH.com client) of port 2401 to the CVS server and use
>CVSROOTS like :sspi:localhost:/repo. This has worked well -
>and still works with old cvsnt versions, but fails with 2151
>- or rather it fails for some users. The ones using a cached
>login to our domain have no problems, but the ones on other
>domains or not logged in to a domain are now rejected by the
>server.
>
>Any way to fix this, or any information I can provide to help
>you understand and diagnose this problem?

I'd change the CVSROOT on the clients (using the CHANGEROOT macro in
WinCvs) to read :sspi:user at localhost:/repo
Then I'd put myself into a sandbox thus constructed and issue cvs
login. This brings up a dialogue for the password, which I would
enter. CVS will authenticate this user/password combination and if it
validates the login is accepted and the password will be cached by the
CVSNT client.
Thereafter you should have no poblems anymore.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)