[cvsnt] Re: commit/unedit strangeness

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Nov 23 10:11:23 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

>> Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2064
>
> too old, there were a number of issues during the 2.5 development cycle.
> Test with a later version (now at 2.5.03.2151)

Will do, but this was a "stable" version.

>> Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.34 (client/server)
>
> Way too old! Not even supported advice-wise. Only issues that can be
> repeated with 2.0.58 will be considered

I would update the server, but at some point after that version, the new
version did simply not work on my system. I got a bit out of sync because
of that, and now I'm afraid of the many things that might break when I
update.

OTOH, unwanted restoring of obsolete "edit" backups seems to be a client
issue.

Thanks,
Gerhard