[cvsnt] Having some problems with binary files

Florent Ouchet ouchet.florent at laposte.net
Thu Nov 24 17:50:48 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have a cvsnt server running for months. I decided an update from
02.2047 to 03.2151; unfortunately I have some problems with few binary
files.
The server protocol is sserver, it's running in a LAN.

Server reports various errors, mainly in the inflate method :/

The commit of these files on the server is ok; but checking out or
updating these files in an other local directory always fails: server is
idle but client seems to be in a dead loop (100% CPU utilization).
These files are JPEG images and WAV sounds.

I checked with the following configurations:

server: cvsnt 2.5.03.2551
client: tortoisecvs stable (with initial cvsnt binaries)

server: cvsnt 2.5.03.2551
client tortoisecvs unstable (with initial cvsnt binaries)

server: cvsnt 2.5.03.2551
client tortoisecvs unstable (cvsnt binaries overridden by cvsnt
2.5.03.2551 binaries)

server cvsnt 2.5.02.2115
client tortoisecvs stable (with initial cvsnt binaries)

All these tests failed.
If you are interested in getting these images or sounds in order to
test/solve the problem, please contact me at ouchet /dot/ florent /at/
laposte /dot/ net .

Best regards,

Florent Ouchet