[cvsnt] huge server update step

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Nov 25 01:10:24 GMT 2005

Hello,

After finding out that the latest client wasn't compatible with my 2.0.34
server anymore, I finally decided to take the plunge. So far the update to
2.5.03 b2151 seems to go fairly smoothly.

File names with ampersands in them didn't get handled correctly. The
ampersands got placed verbatim into the XML files, and they don't like
that. Were only a few, and I could easily edit that by hand (replaced the
"&" with the correct "&") -- which seems to have fixed the issue. Newly
added files with ampersands in their names seem to get inserted correctly.

The permissions seem to need a thorough review. They needed that anyway,
but my impression is that they were different after the update than they
were before, with more permissive defaults.

Bo's CVSMailer isn't yet working; there were some changes that I haven't
yet fixed. I'm not sure I'll do that, or whether the built-in email
notification is just as good (and maybe better, because it's built in).
Does anybody have an opinion regarding Bo's CVSMailer vs. the built-in mail
feature?

Thanks, Tony, that was so far smoother than I had feared.

Gerhard