[cvsnt] CVSROOT/loginfo prob on 2.5.x

Georg Offner der.georg12 at 2k5.temporarily.de
Fri Nov 25 15:56:50 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I did some more investigation on that problem described one week ago:
it is not possible to execute any shell command or script from within
CVSROOT/loginfo in any 2.5.x Linux (Suse 9.2) build.
Simple loginfo example: (echo %s) >> $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/commitlog
The result always is: Exec failed: No such file or directory
The file definitely exists and functionality is right back if you downgrade
to 2.0.58d leaving loginfo as it is.
IMHO this is no parsing problem but a problem of how the child process being
started to fire the shell command/script gets the arguments parsed from
loginfo.

>I've just updated from 2.0.58d to 2.5.02 Build 2115 on Suse Linux 9.2.
>Everything appearently works fine, but the CVSROOT/loginfo functionality
>seems to be broken. Whatever expression or script I put into loginfo file
>(e.g. DEFAULT (echo ""; id; echo %s; date; cat) >>
>$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/commitlog, which was the standard example before (why has
>it disappeared?)), after an otherwise successful commit it says at the
>client (WinCVS 2.0.2.4): Exec failed: No such file or directory.

Can anybody confirm? Any advice appreciated.

Regards,
 Georg