[cvsnt] strange update behavior

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sat Nov 26 00:35:06 GMT 2005

Hello,

I first wrote the below, then I found a surprising "fix". When I ran the
update command with the trace option, I noticed that this directory had a
strange CVSROOT: ":sspi;username=<user>;hostname=<server>:/projects". After
I changed the CVSROOT to the more common format
":sspi:<user>@<server>:/projects", it worked. Still strange.

I've never seen something like this. (Again, it's showing up after updating
the server from 2.0.34 to 2.5.03.)

The normal update works without problems. But the -d update tells me to
move the files in the subdirectories away (see the command output below).
When I cd into the subdirectory, the update goes fine. Why could this be?

BTW, removing the files away doesn't solve the issue. After removing them,
the first update creates them without error, but subsequent updates produce
exactly the same error as below.

Is this a known problem? Anything I could check?

Thanks,
Gerhard

[p:\]cvs up
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: Updating P28Test.CS_
cvs server: Updating cwright.CS_
cvs server: Updating p28.CS_

[p:\]cvs up -d
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: Updating P28Test.CS_
cvs update: move away P28Test.CS_/FILE.CDX; it is in the way
C P28Test.CS_/FILE.CDX
[more files shown as conflicts]
cvs server: Updating cwright.CS_
cvs update: move away cwright.CS_/FILE.CDX; it is in the way
C cwright.CS_/FILE.CDX
[more files shown as conflicts]
cvs server: Updating p28.CS_
cvs update: move away p28.CS_/FILE.CDX; it is in the way
C p28.CS_/FILE.CDX
[more files shown as conflicts]

[p:\]cd p28.CS_

[p:\p28.cs_]cvs up -d
cvs server: Updating .

[p:\]cvs ver
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151
(client/server)