[cvsnt] Re: Conrtol Panel will not open

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sun Oct 2 17:34:22 BST 2005

SkorPiun wrote:

> I am hoping to use this as just a way to keep version control for my
> personal projects. I used to have this set up on a Linux machine, but
> it kept crashing and I had to keep rebuilding it. I am by no means a

Linux is pretty resilient normally... is this the same box?  Have you
run memtest86 to check the hardware, etc.?

> Linux guru, which is probably why I had so much trouble. So I am
> hoping to set up something simple on Windows, which I am unfortunately
> a little bit more versed on using.

It should work fine.. especially running it from its own directory
(which removes any potential issues with paths).

I can only guess that there's some setting on the XP box that's stopping
it running..  Have you possibly set a group policy to stop control panel
applets running?  Or possibly installed an Antivirus package that
interferes with it?