[cvsnt] sserver Login requires a valid client certificate.

Wallace Keith Gardner w.k.gardner at comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 11:05:11 BST 2005

I have the plugin's default certificates loaded. Anyone know how to get a client connection to work over sserver from either the command prompt or through something like tortoisecvs?

D:\sandbox>cvs login
Logging in to :sserver:keith at localhost:2401:/cvsrepo
CVS Password:
Login requires a valid client certificate.
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server localhost rejected access to /cvsrepo for user keith

Hopefully, the solution will still be less work for the users than setting up SSH keys with PuTTYgen and running Pageant. If not, I'll need to go with SSH.