[cvsnt] Re: Conrtol Panel will not open

Jakob Kruse kruse at kruse-net.dk
Fri Oct 7 15:03:24 BST 2005

Actually, PHP doesn't come with an installer (at least not for Apache which
I'm running). I put those dll's in system32 myself, unable to find any other
place to put them that worked (this is recommended in the install
documentation for PHP). So the bug is mostly that it's not possible to
specify a location for these files, leading to Windows trying to find them
by conventional methods.

FileMon is great though. The first directory searched for these files, when
running PHP as a module under Apache, is the Apache bin directory. Putting
the PHP dll's there creates no immediate conflicts (though it might very
well have if Apache itself hadn't been clever enough to ship its own
iconv.dll under a different name) and makes everything work beautifully.

Regards,
Jakob

news:di5kml$jcd$2 at paris.nodomain.org...