[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT incompatibility with older servers

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Oct 9 22:25:15 BST 2005

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 20:11:01 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> So what is the deal here? Is the current HEAD CVSNT not possible to
>> use as a client against older versions of CVSNT as server?
>
>The 2.0.38 server had a number of bugs in sspi.  It's not a problem with
>2.5.01, it's a problem with the older server - which needless to say
>isn't going to be fixed now.
>
>If you like old servers try something like 2.0.58d, which was the last
>of the 2.0 series and does not have those problems.

Can't upgrade to that because of the taginfo bug since we rely heavily
on the scripts and emails.

I was over there last week prepared to upgrade to 2.5.02 but then
Terris alerted me to the space escape problem in loginfo so I could
not do it...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)