[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT crashes when taginfo line matches (was: Problem with Taginfo script)

Mon Oct 10 15:26:12 BST 2005

Hello,

I am really surprised that the problem is not reproducible or already
known because in the meantime we did the following:

A) Installed cvsnt server 2.5.02 build 2088 on a separate Workstation
with a copy of the repository: same behaviour

B) Installed cvsnt server 2.5.02 build 2088 on another workstation and
created a new repository from scratch: same behaviour

The workstations have WinXP, the server Win2003.

However, as there was a window on my workstation that popped up (which
did not happenon the "big" server), I can give some more information:

cvs.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00f610f5" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "written".

The debugger tells me that this is inside default_trigger.dll but i
did not dig into the assembler code. At least I know that
default_trigger.dll has been loaded...
However, I am not sure whether this is the real problem, because this
NULLpointer may also be related to "Dump failed" (see trace below,
dump file size is 0)

16:12:27: S -> pretag_proc(test,add,b2,N)
16:12:27:   -> tcp_read(4091)
16:12:27: S -> Exception caught - in minidumper
16:12:27:   -> tcp_read(4041)
16:12:57: S -> send=1
16:12:57:   -> tcp_read(4017)
16:12:57: S -> Dumping to
C:\localcvstemp\cvsnt-2.5.02.2088-HI69INT017-af0434a76ca6232-small.dmp
16:12:57: S -> Start dump
16:12:57: S -> Dump failed - d0000022
16:12:57:   -> tcp_read(3850)
16:13:16: S -> Exception caught - in minidumper
16:13:16:   -> tcp_read(3800)
16:13:19: S -> send=1
16:13:19:   -> tcp_read(3776)
16:13:19: S -> Dumping to
C:\localcvstemp\cvsnt-2.5.02.2088-HI69INT017-af0434a76ca6232-small.dmp
16:13:19:   -> tcp_read(3677)
16:13:19: S -> Start dump
16:13:19:   -> tcp_read(3649)
16:13:19: S -> Dump failed - d0000022
16:13:19:   -> tcp_read(3609)
cvs.exe [tag aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I am quite desparate now, I absolutely do not like the idea of not
using taginfo because this would allow developers to move tags of
previous baselines :( Is there any other way to allow tagging but deny
moving of tags?

Best regards
 Tobias

PS: We also tried do go back to 2.0.58d -> bad idea. As the manual
says, downgrading is not guaranteed to work, we got an error
"cvs [ls aborted]: cvs [server aborted]: Repository directory  does not
exist: Invalid argument". Re-initializing the repository helps, but
only for a while. So we are "back" to 2.5.02 build 2088.