Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT incompatibility with older servers

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Oct 10 20:33:51 BST 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:15:24 -0400, bwhicks at aep.com wrote:

>space escape problem? Is that what our problem is?

I have no idea, but the problem was introduced right after build 1976
or thereabouts and is verified to be gone in build 2108.

It shows up as a failure to add tthe escapes for spaces in the command
line parameter to loginfo that lists the involved files for a commit:

Build 1861:
Parameter 5: ModuleYY/Test\\ With\\ \\ Spaces SpecialFile.txt,1.1,1.2

Build 1976:
Parameter 5: ModuleYY/Test\ With\ \ Spaces SpecialFile.txt,1.6,1.7

Build 2099:
Parameter 5: ModuleYY/Test With  Spaces SpecialFile.txt,1.2,1.3

Build 2108:
Parameter 5: ModuleYY/Test\ With\ \ Spaces SpecialFile.txt,1.8,1.9

Note that it is impossible to say which directory (module) and which
file was committed in 2099 because one cannot know which space is used
as separator between words in the module/file names and which is used
as separatoer between the module and first file specification.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)