[cvsnt] Strange error after Microsoft Patches

Mirabito, Massimo mcm8 at cdc.gov
Fri Oct 14 00:35:37 BST 2005

Hi there,

I am hoping that any of you might be able to point me in the right
direction.

Last night our infrastructure team installed the latest MS patches and
rebooted the server. Today we noticed that our passwords to access the
CVS repository are invalid. The services are running and no modification
where made to CVS.

Our CVS installation is quite simple:

1) We are running version  2.0.41a

2) Using the pserver protocol

3) The user accounts have been created locally on the server and
associate to a CVSuser group.

We have had this setup for 2 years we no issues. However, now when we
attempt to access the CVS repository cvs returns as "authorization
failed"  using cvs command or using Eclipse

Here is the command we are using

C:\>set cvsroot=:pserver:XXXX at SERVERNAME:C:\CVS-Data\PIO\Java

C:\>cvs login

Logging in to :pserver:XXXX at SERVERNAME:2401:C:\CVS-Data\PIO\Java

CVS password: **********

cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server ahst-od-adgdocs
rejected access to C:\CVS-Data\PIO\Java for user XXXX

I would really appreciate if someone could let me know what could be
causing the problem. Everything was working well until the server was
patched and rebooted

Many thanks in advance

Max