[cvsnt] Re: Error reading from server ####: -1: Unknown Error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Oct 16 20:32:44 BST 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:21:27 +0200, "Jakob Kruse" <kruse at kruse-net.dk>
wrote:

>New findings - and I still need a fix for this extremely annoying problem
>rather urgently:
>
>One of my colleagues has no problem on his existing development machine when
>updating/committing under his own username. However, if he tries to do a
>checkout under another username (one which has not previously been used on
>that particular machine), he gets the "Error reading from server" error.

Can you explain more in detail how you managed to switch to another
user for checkout using sspi???
SSPI normally uses the Windows login for connection so what you
suggest indicates that you have logged out, then log in as another
user?

But SSPI can also be used by changing the connection string to:
 :sspi:user at server:/repo
With this syntax you need to do a cve login (once only) where you give
the password of the indicated user.
Then CVS operations should work and are now using the new account.
Is this what you did?

I switch between the two all the time and I use various servers
ranging from 2.0.38 to 2.0.41a to 2.5.2.2115 and I do not see any
trace of your problems....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)