[cvsnt] Non-watched/Read-only Sandbox Files

Richard Kerry Richard.Kerry at bbc.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 15:55:12 BST 2005

For reasons that have never been clear to me, Tortoise seems always to
Add files with watch mode on.  And doesn't appear to have a control for
this.  I always seem to have to turn it off to stop everything getting
set read-only after being Committed.

cvs watch off <filename>

Where <filename> can be one file, or several, or a directory, or tree.

Unhelpfully,
Richard.