[cvsnt] Non-watched/Read-only Sandbox Files

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Thu Oct 20 20:43:42 BST 2005

Richard Kerry wrote:

>For reasons that have never been clear to me, Tortoise seems always to
>Add files with watch mode on.  And doesn't appear to have a control for
>this.  I always seem to have to turn it off to stop everything getting
>set read-only after being Committed.

This is definitely NOT true. TortoiseCVS does nothing to enforce "watch
on" - the only place where a "cvs watch on" command can be issued is
when creating a new module (there's a checkbox that will cause a "cvs
watch on" command to be run after creating the module). If you selected
this checkbox when you created the module, that will be the explanation.
Simply run a "cvs watch off" command with no arguments in the top level
folder of the sandbox.

-Torsten