[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.6 database engine?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Oct 21 17:54:46 BST 2005

Tony,
now I must still my curiosity about CVSNT 2.6 (should possibly be
promoted to 3.0 instead?).

You mention 'database' when you occationally comment on something and
refer to 2.6. So I wonder what engine will be used?

We are rather versed in MSSQL ourselves and would like it to be
possible to use that platform (via MSDE2000 for example). Is this in
the plans or will it have to be MySql or Postgres?

And what exactly will be stored in the database? The admin data or the
actual files or both?
I can see a size problem with storing files because at least MSDE2000
is limited to a 2Gb total database size.
But if the files are stored in the filesystem like today and just the
admin info in the database then the size issue will be moot and the
speed would probably be rather good.

So what is going to happen?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)