[cvsnt] Re: Accessing CVSNT repository by using a Web Client

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Mon Oct 24 12:19:51 BST 2005

> I want to communicate with CVSNT server by using HTTP/HTTPS through a

The rationale for it?

> server by using HTTP .

Why adding the whole HTTP overhead would be better? HTTP is the Hyper Text
Transfer Protocol. It was made  to transport text data. It became ubiquitous
because of fashion, and because port 80 is usually open in every firewall
(and IMHO defeating firewalls in first place, unless a full stateful
inspection is made...)

A SOAP or WebDAV implementation of CVS is feasible, I guess, but what
benefits they would really bring, compared to the current implementation?
Less work for lazy sysadmins? :-)

--
Luigi D. Sandon