[cvsnt] Re: static file

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Oct 24 20:00:39 BST 2005

Olaf Groeger wrote:
> to be a clever way to implement, i think it is a bad idea, because all
> frontends mark a static file now as "not modified" regardless of it real
> status. This means that if i change a static file somewhere in my sandbox i

That *is* its real status.  A static file is never considered modified -
that's the whole point.

> won't be able to find the changed file later, because every frontend tells
> me that i didn't change anything. My sandbox is then inconsistant and
> worthless. I vote for a change. Any more opinions?

How so?  Why can't you find it - it's visible in the explorer window
just like any other file.

If you want the file to be versioned don't make it a static file - it's
not something that would normally be applied to more than one or two
files on in a repository anyway.